I have to admit, I’m kind of in love with Spotify.
At first, I was like, “okay, so it’s Grooveshark, but I have to open a separate app. Lame.” And then I was like, “well, it might be okay, but it keeps overriding my preferences and publishing my sad musical tastes to Facebook, no matter how many times I reset it.” But then I had to install new software to my iPhone, and I realized that it was easier to import all my playlists via Spotify than get the music back. So here we are.
Given activity on Facebook on any given day, it appears that other people are catching on to the benefits of Spotify as well- which, by far and away, center around not having to sync up music on different devices. And the service has published its top tracks in 2011- with Foster the People taking the top spot in the States, and Adele snagging the #1 slot in the UK, as well as a second in the UK.
You can toggle view by country here, but below are the top ten in the US for 2011– are you using Spotify yet?
1. Foster The People “Pumped Up Kicks”
2. Gym Class Heroes, featuring Adam Levine “Stereo Hearts”
3. Adele “Rolling In The Deep”
4. Rihanna “We Found Love”
5. Foster The People “Helena Beat”
6. Maroon 5 “Moves Like Jagger”
7. Nicki Minaj “Super Bass”
8. Skrillex “Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites”
9. Pitbull, featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer “Give Me Everything”
10. LMFAO “Party Rock Anthem”